Thursday, August 9, 2012

Introduction Blog

Hello everyone,

I want start this blog off by introducing myself.  My name is Jonathan Nash and I am an avid Colorado Buffaloes fan that loves his sports.  I have been posting on message forums for nearly 15 years and after doing that, I was thinking it was high time for me to start a blog.  At first, the question was what kind of blog would I like to start?  I looked at what my favorite things to talk about were and they were pretty much sports (blame that on my Grandpa Nash for introducing me to a channel called ESPN when I was seven years old) so I thought why not start a sports blog?  The next question was what would the sports blog be about?  I had so many ideas that I couldn't figure it out so I continued posting on websites such as AllBuffs, Pac12Board, MWCBoard, and FirstRowSports (formerly CollegeSportsFans).  One day, I was thinking about the keys to a successful football future for the Buffs and I was saying on AllBuffs that if CU was to be a worthy team, they had to start off by sweeping the Four Corners "4C" schools in the Pac-12.  I know New Mexico isn't part of the Pac-12 but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in that conference down the road.  I will look into covering New Mexico in the future but I want to start with CU, Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah.  All four schools are capable of fielding strong teams in football but at the same time they have some basketball history so I was thinking let's do this for all sports instead of just football.  I believe that the 4C schools will eventually become its own pod if the Pac-12 becomes the Pac-16 if smelly Bevo from Austin decides the LHN is not worth the hassle and comes west with his three slackeys in Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech.

Here are my plans with this blog:

1. I will post at least one web link for each school in football and then basketball (I plan to cover football and men's basketball most of the time).  Ted Miller from the Pac-12 ESPN.com blog has been pretty awesome by posting links almost everyday and I will copy the links from that website until I get the hang of what websites to get articles from for all the 4C schools.

2. For one day a week, I will focus on a 4C school's opponent for that week.  Here is the schedule:

Monday: Arizona
Tuesday: Arizona State
Wednesday: Colorado
Thursday: Utah

When I eventually start covering New Mexico, I will do them on Mondays or Tuesdays.  UA and ASU will be on the same day since they are in a state that is just too hot for me right now.

I plan to look for links to those opponents and try to break them down against each 4C school.

3. It appears to me that blogs these days must have an All Football or All Basketball team so I will come up with my own team.  For the 2012 season, I will include players from UA, ASU, CU, and Utah. 

4. I will post my weekly predictions.  I'm not one that is thin skinned and can accept insults for my lousy predictions and will happily accept congratulations for my genius picks.  As for the middle, it's your choice.

5. I cannot promise that I will be able to keep up with the sports at those schools regularly since I have a very busy life.  I enjoy playing NCAA Football 13 but I have been playing that series forever and I'm ready for a fresh start but sometimes after a frustrating CU loss, I will just go play the game as if I was going to show CU's coaches that is how they should have called the game...LOL.  There's also church which is very important to me on Sundays and Wednesdays.

I want to thank Google for their work in keeping us connected and allowing us to be our own (sports) reporters instead of bowing down to the likes of CNN and Fox News.

1 comment:

  1. I post as NashBuff on AllBuffs, Bone Crusher on Pac12Board & firstRowSports.proboards.com, Jalapeno on MWCBoard and BigSkyFans forums. I plan to eventually move away from posting on multiple boards and post on my blog so I don't have to post all over those boards.

    ReplyDelete